This is a grassroots initiative to power up and praise the work of teaching assistants.
Teaching assistants make a difference to children’s lives every day. They are vital members of the education community. The University of Cambridge Primary School (UCPS) Teaching Assistant Hub aims to provide opportunities for networking, professional learning and sharing brilliant ideas.Building on the successful implementation of UCPS Teaching Assistant Forum sessions Dr James Biddulph and Aimee Durning MBE decided to create a much needed Teaching assistant Hub for TAs across the country. Below we will set out our aims and strategy for the hub and membership offer.
- To create a network of Teaching Assistants who engage with professional development, networking and share ideas
- To increase educators’ confidence and knowledge of special educational needs
- To share and develop inclusive strategies for the benefit of all learners
- To professionalise the valuable work of Teaching Assistants
- To collaborate with other existing TA Hubs ( especially the Research School Hubs in Suffolk and Yorkshire)