We’ve had another full week of learning with lots of passionate discussions about the environment and how we can all make a difference to our world.
In English, we continued our learning about the impact of fashion on the environment and decided we want to let people know about this through a video blog. We’ve started talking about some everyday solutions and this will be the focus of our English next week.
We also celebrated Earth Day and Skipping Week. We’ve spent lots of time outside thinking about how nature and physical activity can help our physical and mental health. Year 4 took part in a 10 minute skipping challenge on Friday to mark National Skipping Day.
In Maths, we investigated how to calculate the area and then we solved problems on area and perimeter. Some of us even took our learning outside and measured the area and the perimeter of our school arena.
In Art, we started creating the head for our fashion puppet. We are going to be learning sewing skills and creating the clothes for our puppet inspired by our fashion through the ages topic.
Children completed Level 1 Bikeability which involved using gears, brakes, stearing and they will receive their certificate, badge and information leaflet.
Friday 30th school will be closed.
- Writing Journal: the stimulus images for the week will be all about musical instruments to celebrate Jazz Appreciation Month. Spelling rules: cian, sian, ssian, tion
- English: we will be exploring the solutions to some of fashion’s problem inspired by the documentary Stacey Dooley Investigates: Fashion’s Dirty Secrets. We will be writing a script for a video blog that we will be recording.
- Handwriting & Spelling: Our spelling words are: position, possess, possession, possible, potatoes, pressure, probably, promise, purpose.
- Maths: we will be using our times tables knowledge to look at the concept of scaling.
- Science: we will be learning about teeth and their role in digestion.
- Topic: we will be exploring fashion during the Middle Ages.
Year 4 Book Club: the next Book Club sessions will take place on Friday 7.05, 14.05, 21.05. An email with the Zoom link was sent out a few weeks ago.
- Amazon: PE on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Nile: PE on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Thames: PE on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Please can all children make sure they have their full PE kits in school for their PE lessons.
- Children in KS2 may bring in a healthy snack that contains no nuts.