Last week we were learning about the story ‘The Elves and the Shoemaker.’ Many of you may have heard that last week some Elves took up residence in the Pumpkin and Acorn classrooms. They came out at night helping us and leaving messages and gifts for each class. Most children chose to write to the elves, to thank them and ask their own questions, when they had written them they were posted in the Elves special post box. We also took part in a lot of story telling, with the children dressing up as Elves and role playing the story. The classes also were able to make their own Elf hats, build Elf workshops and went on an Elf hunt around the school where we found several Elf homes.
During literacy we had conversations and wrote about people who help us, we came up with people like teachers, the police, firemen and others. In maths we recapped addition number sentence writing exploring larger numbers up to 20.
Mathletics passwords will be stuck into your child’s reading record for easy access. Please do let us know how you are finding Mathletics
- Try and read with your child as often as possible.
- Please can children not bring in their toys from home as it has been causing some problems and belongings are getting lost.
- We advise you provide your child with wellies to protect their school shoes.
- Please make sure all of your child’s belongings are named!
- Junk modelling materials are always welcome.
- Put your child’s book and reading record in their draw each day