All our Reception children have demonstrated a real love for learning this week and there has been a hive of activity! Well-done Pumkins, Sunflowers and Acorns!
The Rainbow Challenges have been extremley popular!
- Using the Poitallism technique we carefully created an image of a penguin using cotton buds and paint.
- Using three colours,we thoughtfully coloured in overlapping 2D shapes and rememberd the rule that none of the colours were allowed to touch one another.
- We wrote a speech bubble to ‘Mortimer’ the penguin with problems, to try and convince him that snow is good.
- We thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of creating a working marble-run maze and tested it using timers with our friends.
- Our final challenge was to build a cave with a roof outdoors, we used the large construction blocks, crates and fabric. We also had to make sure we could sit inside it too!
Other learning this week:
- We have been developing our fine motor skills by creating patterns on a jumper for Penguin to keep warm.
- We have started to learn amazing facts about different types of penguins.
- In phonics, we have focussed on the phonemes X and W.
We will continue to learn about Polar Explorers.
Book Focus: Antarctica (non-fiction)
Group Time: To be able to write a sentence using Tricky words and finger spaces. (I go to the…)
Math: The fiveness of 5 -subitizing 5
Phonics Focus: Sh Ch
Red: To create cameras and binoculars using re-cyclable materials to take on a Polar Expedition!
Blue: To compare numbers by value (higher/lower) whilst playing ‘Up the Iceburg!’ game.
Yellow: To construct a sentence-order jigsaw. (to make sense).
Green: To make an igloo using sugar cubes!
Purple: To complete an assault course whilst balancing a bean bag on your head and to waddle like a Penguin at the same time!
- Please bring into school small cardboard boxes, cardboard tubes and plastic coloured bottle tops. These are needed from Monday throughout the week for children to create their Cameras and binoculars that they will take on their ‘Polar Expedition’! A huge thanks to those of you who have already donated these!
- Please continue to support your children with being independent during dressing for P.E and we request that all children wear the correct PE Kit e.g. a white Tee-Shirt, black shorts or elasticated black track suit bottoms and plimsoles.
- Please ensure your child wears a warm coat everyday as the weather is getting colder.
We look forward to another fun filled and busy week next week! Have a wonderful week-end everyone!
Pumpkins, Sunflowers, Acorns and all the Reception Team!