We’ve had a fantastic week preparing for the birthdays of Mr Muddles and Snapples the Crocodile. We have been busy writing, wrapping, baking and decorating and have achieved so much in the process.
This week our focuses have been:
- using our knowledge of sounds to write lists of things we need for the party
- the c and k sounds
- how to make repeating patterns and see patterns around us in nature
- looking at different ways people celebrate and prepare for birthday parties
We’re so impressed with the enthusiasm of all the children for this week’s topic and hope that our focus next week will be received just as well.
Next week our focus will be on ‘Festivals’, we will be:
- making musical instruments and festival hats
- learning about some different festivals around the world
- decorating our classroom for a festival
- learning the ck and the e sound
- Learning to put numbers in order and recognise numbers that are missing in a sequence