What a spooky week it has been! We’ve been making potions, building cauldrons and designing pumpkin faces.
Our focus this week has been:
- asking questions and giving thoughtful responses
- finding the number one in our environment and comparing quantities deciding if they are “one” or “more”
- the sounds ‘m’ and ‘d’
- using our role play areas linked to the story ‘Pumpkin Soup’ (see link to online story at the end of the blog!)
For Next Week: we will be learning about fireworks and reading the story ‘The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark‘, in Maths we will be focusing on shapes and in phonics we will be learning the sounds g and o.
Ways to support your child:
- to talk about fireworks and discuss what they can see, hear, smell and how to be safe around fireworks.
- continue to talk about the sounds that we have been learning in phonics (s, a, t, p, i, n, m, d) and trying to spot these in books and the environment.
- See if you can spot some shapes as you are out on the weekend.
Have a great weekend!