It has been an exciting, firework filled week in Reception! This week we have been busy learning about fireworks and how to stay safe around them. We have also been exploring the sounds they make in our writing. We even created large fireworks art by splattering paint in time to music!
Our other focuses have been:
- Phonemes- g and o
- Blending and segmenting CVC words
- 2D shapes- naming and describing properties such as corners and sides
- Our story focus has been ‘The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark’. Follow this link to watch a video of the story. https://safeshare.tv/submit?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dy1iST5Bdir8
For next week…
Our focus will be;
- Planning for a birthday party
- Phonemes c and k
- Exploring and creating repeating patterns
On Friday afternoon we will be having a party for Mr Muddles and Mr Snapples (who would, can you believe it, have their birthdays on the same day). For this the children are invited to bring in party clothes to change into for the afternoon.
A notice for parents/carers of children in the Acorns class- your child’s reading book will now be changed on Tuesdays.
Also on the 14th November we are having an ‘odd socks day’ to symbolise that we are are ‘all different and all equal’.