What a nativity filled week it has been it has been in Reception. We have been rehearsing our performance and making our grown ups very proud. This week we have learnt:
– To apply our phonic knowledge in our writing of CVC words and simple captions.
– To recognise the tricky word ‘the’ and use this in our reading and writing.
– To begin reading simple equations (5+1=6).
You’ll never guess what our theme will be for next will be… yes, it’s Christmas! And in the spirit of this festivity we will be learning to:
– add two groups of objects together reinforcing last week’s emerging understanding of equations
– recognise and write the tricky word ‘to’
– use catalogues (and our imaginations) to write a wish list to Santa
– make toys for others and think about what would make them happy
Thank you to all the parents who have brought in costumes for their children for the Nativity, we had our first dress rehearsal today and the children looked fantastic!
Note: A reminder to sign up for Parent View where you can give your views about the school and help us to continually improve and celebrate what we do well. Once logged in, there are 12 quick statements – you are then asked whether you agree or disagree. This can be done at any time throughout the year.