This week we have been learning about the story ‘The Paper Bag Princess.’ At the beginning of the week a trail of bones and burnt clothing appeared in the Reception outdoor area. We took part in a lot of story telling, using puppets and the puppet theatre as well as reading and role playing in the dragon’s cave. The children also sketched pictures of dragons, built obstacle courses to escape the dragon and spoke about the different types of clothing people wear around the world.
During literacy we wrote wanted posters to help Princess Elizabeth find her lost prince, we included adjectives to describe what the prince looks like. In maths we explored money and recognising coins, we used our money to buy Princess Elizabeth some new clothes, paying using the correct coins.
On Wednesday we had some visitors from Chesterton sports centre organise a ‘Farm yard fun afternoon.’ The children too
All of the children really enjoyed themselves and worked well together in their teams.
Due to the lovely weather we were also outside a lot exploring the space. It is getting very warm outside and we intend to explore the outdoors as much as possible whilst the weather lasts so we advise you please provide your child with a named hat. If the weather becomes too hot, only children wearing hats will be allowed in the outdoor area for health and safety reasons.
If you have given permission for your child to have sun screen in school please ensure that it is named and kept in their draw.
- Could you please bring in a family photo for us to place on our notice board.
- If you have any empty spray bottles or soap dispensers please could we have them.
- Mathletics passwords have been stuck into your child’s reading record for easy access. Please do let us know how you are finding Mathletics
- Try and read with your child as often as possible.
- Please can children not bring in their toys from home as it has been causing some problems and belongings are getting lost.
- Junk modelling materials are always welcome.
- Put your child’s book and reading record in their draw each day