Finally after weeks of technical difficulties the blog is back!
This week in Reception we have been exploring the story, Jack and the Beanstalk. During literacy we have been creating wanted posters to catch the giant, using our phonics to help us and acting out the story using puppets in our small world area. Additionally in maths we have been measuring beanstalks using non standard measures such as lollipop sticks and paper clips. Some children have even been measuring their own arms and legs and comparing whose are the longest! We have also been planting beans in zip lock bags and creating our own beanstalks for Jack to climb up. Stay tuned for next week where we will be doing even more Jack and Beanstalk related learning.
- Please make sure your child brings their reading book and record into school every day and puts it into their tray.
- We now have a wellie stand! So we advise you provide your child with wellies to protect their school shoes.
- Please make sure all of your child’s belongings are name (especially wellies and P.E kit!)
- Junk modelling materials are always welcome
- Any old shirts you could donate for painting aprons would be greatly appreciated!