This week in Reception we have been learning about farm animals. During literacy we looked at the story ‘Old MacDonald had a farm’ and have been labelling a range of farm animals using our phonics to help us. Additionally in maths we have been estimating amounts using farm animals, and ordering numbers up to 20.
You may have also heard the exciting news that we have had nine chicks hatch, 5 girls and 4 boys. All of the children have seen them and have had the opportunity to hold them. We plan to visit them several times again next week and talk more about their life cycle and how to care for them.
- Please make sure your child brings their reading book and record into school every day.
- Please ensure that the children are dressed warmly and prepared to go outside each day as the weather is starting to get very cold.
- We now have a wellie stand! So we advise you provide your child with wellies to protect their school shoes.
- Please make sure all of your child’s belongings are name (especially wellies!)
- Junk modelling materials are always welcome